Members of Chinese Chemical Society, American Chemical Society, American Physical Society and Royal Society of Chemistry.
Members of Polymer Subject Committee, of Computer Chemistry Committee and of Chemical Thermodynamic and Kinetics Committee in Chinese Chemical Society.
Member of IUPAC Polymer Division, Subcommittee on Structure and Properties of Commercial Polymers (and East-Asia Association).
Associate Editor for Acta Polymerica Sinica.
Member of Editorial Boards for Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, Polymer Crystallization, Chinese Functional Polymers, Molecular Simulation and Polymer International.
Guest Editor on the special issue of Molecules focusing on “Structure-property relationships in polymers and specialty applications”. Journal link
Guest Editor together with A. J. Mueller on the special issue of Polymer focusing on “Polymer crystallization”203(2020). Journal link
Guest Editor together with Geert Vanden Poel on the special issue of Polymer International celebrating the retirement of Professor Vincent Mathot. Journal link
Guest Editor together with Feng Qiu and Lijia An on the special issue of Acta Polymerica Sinica (Chinese) focusing on “Macromolecular theory and simulations”, 8, 2016. Journal link
Guest Editor together with A. J. Mueller on the special issue of Progress in Polymer Science focusing on “The effects of confinement on polymeric thermal transitions and nanostructuring”, 54-55, 2016. Journal link
Guest Editor together with Shouke Yan on the special issue of Chinese Journal of Polymer Science focusing on “Polymer crystallization”, 32(9), 2014. Journal link
Organizer of 3rd Frontier Workshop of Acta Polymerica Sinica, Nanjing, Nov. 29th, 2019.
Organizer of Nanjing University-Yamagata University Student Workshop, Nanjing, Oct. 27-29th, 2019.
Organizer for the short course on advanced thermal analysis techniques at Nanjing, China, Nov. 30-Dec. 3rd, 2018.
Organizer for the 12th Rheology Meeting on Complex Fluids at Nanjing, China, August 20-23, 2018.
Organizer for the short course on polymer rheology at Nanjing, China, August 18-20, 2018.
Organizer for the short course on physical chemistry of soft matter at Nanjing, China, June 6-8, 2018.
Organizer for 14th National Computer Chemistry Conference of China, at Nanjing, China, Nov. 17-20, 2017.
Local organizer for 2017 Molecular Simulation Meeting, at Nanjing, China, Nov. 17-19, 2017.
Organizer for International Workshop on Advanced Thermal Analysis, at Nanjing, China, Dec. 2-5, 2016.
Organizer for Short Course on Advanced Thermal Analysis, Nanjing, China, Nov. 30-Dec. 3, 2016.
Co-organizer for the symposium of New Frontiers in Polymer Crystallization, the Pacifichem 2015 Meeting at Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, Dec. 15-20, 2015.
Local organizer for KITPC program: Controlled Structure Formation of Soft Matter at Beijing, China, Aug. 3-Aug. 28, 2015.
Co-organizer for International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization at Kyoto, Japan, June 30-July 4, 2013.
Local organizer for National Meeting on Theory and Simulations of Functional Structures of Macromolecular Systems at Nanjing, May 11-May 13, 2012.
Local organizer for RSC 1st Chemical Science Symposium at Nanjing, China, September 6, 2011.
Local organizer for KITPC program: Growth of Hierarchical Functional Materials in Complex Fluids at
International Conference on the Hierarchical Structures in Complex Fluids July 4-8, 2011, Beijing
Summer School on Growth of Hierarchical Functional Materials in Complex Fluids, July 10-30, 2011, Beijing
International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization Aug. 1-5, 2011, Beijing
Co-organizer for International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization at
----Scientists summit at
Co-organizer for European Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization at
Co-organizer for China-France Bilateral Workshop on Polymer Crystallization at
Appointed reviewers for proposals in NNSFC, ACS Petroleum Research Fund and NSF.
Reviewer for one chapter of Encyclopedia of Polymer Science and Technology.
Reviewers for Account of Chemical Research, ACS Book Chapters, ACS Macro Letters, ACS Nano, ACS Omega, Acta BioMaterialia, Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, Acta Polymerica Sinica, Advanced Materials, Angwandte Chemie International, Applied Surface Science, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Chemical Communication, Chemical Engineering Science, Chemical Journal of Chinese Universities, Chemical Society Review, Chinese Chemical Letters, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, Chinese Physics B, Colloid and Polymer Science, Composites Science and Technology, Computational Materials Science, Crystal Growth & Design, Crystals, European Polymer Journal, Frontiers of Chemical Engineering in China, Journal of American Chemical Society, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Journal of Crystal Growth, Journal of Materials Research, Journal of Polymer Research, Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Langmuir, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, Macromolecular Rapid Communications, Macromolecular Symposia, Macromolecular Theory and Simulations, Macromolecules, Materials, Materials Letters, Microsystem Technologies, Molecular Simulations, Nature Communication, Philosophical Magazine, PhysChemChemPhys, Physics Letters A, Polymer, Polymer Bulletin, Polymer Crystallization, Polymer International, Polymer Journal, Polymer Science, Polymers, Progress in Polymer Science, RSC Advance, Science in China, Science in China: Chemistry, Soft Matter, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, The European Physical Journal E, The European Physical Journal Applied Physics, The Journal of Chemical Physics, The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, and Thermochimica Acta.
Invited speaker in the international conferences
68. Virtual participation, Pacifichem Congress, #283 Macromolecular theory and simulations, Dec. 15-20, Hawaii
67. Virtual participation, Xiamen Soft Matter Workshop, Dec. 9-13, Xiamen
66. Virtual participation, Flash DSC Conference, Dec. 6-8, Greifensee
65. Virtual participation, NATAS Meeting, Aug. 3-6, 2021, Online
64. Virtual participation, MACRO 2020+, May 16-20, 2021, Juje
63. 4th International Workshop on Polymer Science and Engineering, Dec. 11-13, 2020, Beijing
62. 2020 International Workshop on Soft Matter and Biophysics Theories, Oct. 22-23, 2020, Beijing
61. 16th Pacific Polymer Conference (PPC16), Dec. 8-12, 2019, Singapore.
60. 4th Flash DSC Conference, Nov. 23-25, 2019, Zürich.
59. International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization, Oct. 20-23, 2019, San Sebastian.
58. 9th International Symposium on Engineering Plastics, EP'2019, Aug. 8-10, 2019, Yin'chuan.
57. The First International Conference of Polymeric and Organic Materials in Yamagata University, Jan. 24-26, 2019, Yonezawa.
56. Sino-German Symposium on Polymer and Interfaces, Nov. 7-9, 2018, Mainz.
55. Polymer Crystallization under Conditions Relevant to Processing, Sept. 3-5, 2018, Genoa.
54. 13th International Symposium on Polymer Physics, PP’2018, June 11-15, 2018, Xi'an.
53. DSM Symposium on Materials Sciences, March 19-22, 2018, Shanghai.
52. Outlook of Soft Matter Physics and Its Applications, Dec. 15-18, 2017, Beijing.
51. 15th Pacific Polymer Congress, Dec. 10-14, 2017, Xia'men.
50. 3rd Flash DSC Conference, Nov. 27-29, 2017, Greifensee.
49. International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization, Sept. 17-20, 2017, Wittenberg.
48. 8th International Symposium on Engineering Plastics, EP'2017, Aug. 8-11, 2017, Xi'an.
47. 4th International Conference on Molecular Simulation, Oct. 23-26, 2016, Shanghai.
46. IUPAC International Symposium on Advanced Polymeric Materials, Oct. 4-7, 2016, Jeju.
45. 2016 International Meeting on Soft Matter, June 6-7, 2016, Tianjin.
44. 12th International Symposium on Polymer Physics, PP’2016, June 10-14, 2016, Guiyang.
43. International Workshop on Molecular Simulation, April 15-17, 2016, Xi’an.
42. Symposium on New Frontiers in Polymer Crystallization, Pacifichem 2015 Meeting, Dec. 18-20, 2015, Hawaii.
41. 2nd Flash DSC Conference, Dec. 7-9, 2015, Greifensee.
40. PMSE-CCS 2015 Joint Symposium on Polymers, Oct. 20, 2015, Suzhou.
39. EP2015 International Symposium on Engineering Plastics, Aug. 18-21, 2015, Xining.
38. Workshop on Frontiers of Molecular Simulation, January 4-5, 2015, BUCT, Beijing.
37. DSM Symposium on Materials Sciences, October 28-29, 2014, Shanghai.
36. International Workshop on Catalytic Olefin Polymerization and High Performance Polyolefins, October 22-25, 2014, Shanghai.
35. ISF2014 Satellite Meeting on Polymer Crystallization, October 2-3, 2014, Kyoto.
34. International Symposium on Fiber Science and Technology (ISF2014), September 28-October 1, 2014, Tokyo.
33. PP2014 International Symposium on Polymer Physics, June 8-12, 2014, Nanjing.
32. Workshop on Recent Advances in Polymer Crystallization, January 9-10, 2014, Beijing.
31. The 13th Pacific Polymer Conference (PPC 2013), November 17-22, 2013, Kaohsiung (Also invited to be Session Chair).
30. EP2013 International Symposium on Engineering Plastics, August 25-28, 2013, Xiamen.
29. 41th North America Thermal Analysis Society Annual Meeting, August 4-8, 2013, Bowling Green.
28. International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization, June 30-July 4, 2013, Kyoto.
27. SINO-FRENCH WORKSHOP-Nanostructured polymers and nanohybrids: towards properties and functions, June 2-5, 2013, Shanghai.
26. 40th North America Thermal Analysis Society Annual Meeting, August 12-15, 2012, Orlando.
25. Polymer crystallization under conditions relevant to processing, June 21-22, 2012, Genoa.
24. 12th Laehnwitzseminar on Calorimetry - Interplay between Nucleation, Crystallization, and the Glass Transition, June 11-14, 2012, Rostock.
23. PP2012 International Symposium on Polymer Physics, June 4-8, 2012, Chengdu
22. RSC 1st Chemical Science Symposium, September 6, 2011, Nanjing.
21. 242th ACS National Meeting and Exposition, PMSE Session, Dynamics of Nanostructured Polymers. August 28-September 1, 2011, Denver
20. International Discussion Meeting on Polymer Crystallization, August 1-5, 2011, Beijing.
19. Nanjing International Forum on Thermal Analytic Kinetics, September 12-14, 2010, Nanjing.
18. 10th European Symposium on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, August 22-27, 2010, Rotterdam.
17. PP2010 International Symposium on Polymer Physics, June 7-10, 2010,
16. PC2010 International Symposium on Polymer Chemistry, June 2-6, 2010,
15. Advanced Functional Polymers Symposium, January 22-23, 2010,
13. Faraday Discussion 143: Soft Nanotechnology, June 15-17, 2009,
12. 237th ACS National Meeting and Exposition, the symposium, Multiphase Polymer Materials: From Fundamentals to Applications, March 22-26, 2009,
11. 5th Singapore-China Collaborative and Cooperative Chemistry Symposium (SCCCCS) & 4th International Conference on Energy and Environment Materials, Nov. 15-17, 2008,
10. 9th Frontier Science Symposium, Oct. 15-17, 2008, National
9. PP2008 International Symposium on Polymer Physics, June 8-12, 2008,
8. Workshop to kick-start the Kavli research program Nanoscale Interfacial Phenomena in Complex Fluids, May 19-23, 2008, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics China (KITPC) at CAS,
7. Workshop on Structure Formation and Evolution in Soft Matter/Complex Fluid Systems, Dec. 3-7, 2007,
6. International Symposium on Polymer Crystallization (ISPC07), Sept. 22-24, 2007, Mishima.
5. 234th ACS National Meeting and Exposition, the symposium 50 years of polymer single crystals - A look back, current discoveries, and future opportunities, Aug. 19-23, 2007, Boston.
4. COST P12 Conference: Crystallization and Structure Formation of Polymers, Oct. 9-11, 2006,
3. 3rd Singapore-China Collaborative and Cooperative Chemistry Symposium (SCCCCS), Jan. 5-6, 2006, National
2. International Micro-conference on Recent Progress of Polymer Crystallization (RPPC-Nanjing), Nov. 1-5, 2005,
1. Faraday Discussion 128: Self-Organizing Polymers, July 17-21, 2004,
What is a crystalline state of polymer?
Some experimental groups working on polymer crystallization
Alamo, Rufina G. Cebe, Peggy Chen, Er-Qiang Cheng, Stephen Z. D. Hobbs, Jamie Li, Christopher Mathot, Vincent Matsuba, Go Mueller, Alejandro J. Reiter, Guenter Schick, Christoph Thurn-Albrecht, Thomas Toda, Akihiko Ungar, Goran Wang, Howard Zhu, Lei
Some theory and simulation groups working on polymer phase transitions
An, Lijia Binder, Kurt Liang, Haojun Muthukumar, Murugappan Paul, Wofgang Rutledge, Gregory C. Shi, An-Chang Sommer, Jens-Uwe Yan, Dadong Yang, Yuliang Yamamoto, Takashi
Some interesting links
The Foundation of Polymer Science by Hermann Staudinger Paul John Flory Dr. Eugene Guth Prof. Herman Francis Mark
Materials and man's needs collection
Download three-volume books Macromolecular Physics written by Dr. Bernhard Wunderlich
Download Polymer Single Crystals written by Dr. Phillip H. Geil